Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Should I tell the police?

On 10/15/2014 9:58 PM, N8N wrote:
On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:36:22 PM UTC-4, J Burns wrote:
On 10/15/14, 7:56 PM, wrote:

And red reflective tape on the front of a car is ILLEGAL.

Where is it illegal?

I would assume everywhere in the US. Red is reserved for the rear, amber or white only on the front. That is definitely true for lights;

Except for the amber rear turn signals.

I would assume the same would be true for retroreflective sheeting. If
nothing else, it's a spectacularly bad idea, as it gives a conflicting
message to other road users - red indicates the rear of a vehicle,
therefore it ought to be moving away from the viewer, but in reality
it's the front and it's not.

Other colors (blue, green, etc.) are illegal as well; blue because it is reserved for emergency vehicles and other colors simply because they have no function assigned.

Green is for emergency medical personnel, at least in CT