Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

Default Flashlight review

On 10/15/2014 5:02 PM, J Burns wrote:

Hmm... It sounded like a case where the little voltage drop of a meter
in line could make a significant difference. Maybe the circuit wasn't
so sensitive, or maybe your meter causes very little voltage drop. With
a second meter, you can check the voltage drop across the first meter!

With an analog VOM like Nate's Simpson 260, it could be more accurate to
measure current in a sensitive circuit at a high range (less needle
deflection), rather than a low range (more needle deflection). Those
mirrored dials could be read quite precisely. Happiness is a calibrated
Simpson 260!

I was using a free meter from Harbor Freight. When I was
much younger, I had a 260, that used to belong to my
grand father. I had it in the van, and some thing heavy
crushed it. I'm still sad. I really miss that meter.

In the meantime, I exist. But life isn't the same.

Trying to decide if I want to buy several more of those
LED lights.

--
..
Christopher A. Young