Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rant - This country is screwed up

pentapus wrote:

If this anecdotal on your part, it is not what I see at all. I have
reason to go in the hood and I see these year after year, not more now
than last year, nor the year before. What you do hear more of on the
election years is it being brought up on talk radio.

Fist off - this is anecdotal on your part. You have reason to go into the
hood and see things but how much do you genuinely evaluate any one of these
things? Second - you clearly missed or ignord my original point. I never
made any mention of talk radio, rather of somewhat close personal
experience. You jumped to the talk radio thing that has not even been a
part of this conversation to this point. That alone is cause enough to
write you off.

It's about the money, and although it is only about 20% of the fee,
with the rest going to rural and schools and such, but it is still
real money. Follow the money and you see what is going on, the
politics of this favors the right not the left, which is why all the
agitation is on the right.

Follow the politics - unless that is against your lean.

As far as buying votes, the rabble you most complain about with the
"Free" phones are not voters. Giving them a phone and they are no more
inclined to vote than before, or change parties.

Cite...?

The facts are not
there, regardless of what some talking head says.

So - talking head would include internet voices like yours.

The right will get
more votes out of arousing their base on this than the left will
counting on deadbeats with free phones to be inspired to push the D.
That is fiction and fantasy to believe that is where the D votes are.

Interesting - you brought the right vs left into this. That was not an
element of this discussion until you brought it up. Why is that such a
prevelant thought in your mind when it has not been introduced by anyone
else? I sense an agenda at work here.

Follow the money, see where it goes, and you will have a better idea.

Follow the politics and you will see, but I doubt that will ever happen.
I'm now dropping out of this conversation with you.

--

-Mike-