Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Grizzly G0555 Bandsaw Tracking Problems

HerHusband wrote in
:

I have owned a Grizzly G0555 bandsaw for about seven years. It has a
riser block and uses 105" blades.

I have not been able to get the saw blades to track properly since I
bought the saw. The only way I can get the blade centered on the upper
wheel is if I tighten the tracking adjustment as far in as it will go.
However, the blade seems to ride right on the front edge of the lower
wheel no matter what I do.

I spent time last week trying to make sure the two wheels were
coplaner. I had to shim the lower wheel out about 1/4 inch. But I was
concerned about the lower wheel hanging off the shaft that far, so I
removed one of the spacers so it's only shimmed out 1/8" now.

It seemed like it was tracking better till I put a new blade on this
week. Now it wants to track on the front edge of BOTH wheels? I have
the upper support bearing behind the blade adjusted as far forward as
it will go and it's still 1/4" behind the blade.

I even tried to loosen the bolt going through the riser block to see
if I could shift things, but it has pins that keep it from moving.

What am I doing wrong?

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com

Have you run the saw without the riser? If those pins aren't just so,
it's possible they're pulling the two halves out of alignment.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.