Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Should I tell the police?

On 10/15/2014 3:44 PM, RobertMacy wrote:
Don't do what I did once. In a rental car went to Disney, Anaheim
[forgot to really, really identify exactly where parked] go to Disney
World and spend at least four hours, then come out and look for a car
that you've really only seen from the INSIDE! well, ...uh, it's white.

The only thing that lightened my day was since the four hours were spent
in lines, I got my money for entrance AND the money for parking
refunded! Plus, some nice guy in a pickup truck offered to drive us up
and down the rows and rows in the area I thought it was parked in. So we
did find the rental rather quickly.

Now, to avoid that scenario I walk backwards away from the car to
remember what it should look like as I'm going towards it. [trick
learned from a mountaineer] So far works well. You see the way the car
sits, the landscape, the background, haven't lost another car since then.

I do that "walk backwards" now and again.
Great technique. I've also been known to
put some thing on the dash board, like
pair of gloves.

--
..