Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default OT Should I tell the police?

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 05:12:42 -0700, Norminn wrote:

...snip....

I get a little absent minded now and then. When I drove an '84 Buick
Regal, it was easy to find my car in a parking lot. Now I drive a
silver '10 Corolla and twice I've opened the door of the wrong car in
the grocery store parking lot just as the owner was approaching their
car. Embarassing; they just smiled.

Don't do what I did once. In a rental car went to Disney, Anaheim [forgot
to really, really identify exactly where parked] go to Disney World and
spend at least four hours, then come out and look for a car that you've
really only seen from the INSIDE! well, ...uh, it's white.

The only thing that lightened my day was since the four hours were spent
in lines, I got my money for entrance AND the money for parking refunded!
Plus, some nice guy in a pickup truck offered to drive us up and down the
rows and rows in the area I thought it was parked in. So we did find the
rental rather quickly.

Now, to avoid that scenario I walk backwards away from the car to remember
what it should look like as I'm going towards it. [trick learned from a
mountaineer] So far works well. You see the way the car sits, the
landscape, the background, haven't lost another car since then.