Posted to rec.woodworking
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Grizzly G0555 Bandsaw Tracking Problems

I have owned a Grizzly G0555 bandsaw for about seven years. It has a
riser block and uses 105" blades.
I have not been able to get the saw blades to track properly since I
bought the saw. The only way I can get the blade centered on the
upper wheel is if I tighten the tracking adjustment as far in as it
will go. However, the blade seems to ride right on the front edge of
the lower wheel no matter what I do.

Does the blade eventually move to the wrong position or right away?
If the blade gets warm it stretches. When it stretches it tracks
differently.

It tracks on the wheels that way from the moment I install the blade. It
doesn't seem to change as I cut with it. It seems so close to the edge of
the lower wheel that I am sometimes worried it will come off the wheel (it
hasn't yet).

I had this problem with my previous band saws and eventually bit the
bullet and bought a HD Laguna and tracking problems are a thing of the
past.

Unfortunately, a new saw will not be in my budget for a while.

Anthony