Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Question on gas struts for a table top

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:X4KdnfGb0OEhC6DJnZ2dnUU7-
:

On 10/14/2014 2:28 PM, whit3rd wrote:
On Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:24:35 AM UTC-7, jtpr wrote:
I'm building a dining table with a copper covered top.

So, you rest your arms on the table and get a chill?
It sounds... uncomfortable.

Maybe he plans to hook a couple of wires and make it a resistance
heater. Keeps your dinner warm too.

Mebbe he lives in a hot place and wants to cool down?

Actually, the copper covered thing seems to be a fashion.
Where I used to work the executive conference rooms had
tables with copper covered tops.

I'd suggest looking at an RV parts store. RVs tend to
have lots of stuff which lifts up and folds down, with
gas struts of various sizes.

Not knowing how to size a gas strut, I'd suggest planning
for multiple (if possible) and taking some out if it's too
much lift.

John