Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Can and LED floodlight possibly be as bright as a real floodlight?

On 10/14/2014 2:43 AM, Charlie+ wrote:
On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 09:07:01 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote as underneath :

My solution to the hot water problem is a nuclear powered water
heater. Just a lump of some isotope that produces heat while breaking
down. Fukushima should have plenty of the stuff worth mining. The
nuclear water heater would be lead lined and buried for safety. Water
temperature would be regulated by adding or removing radioactive
pellets. There are also some safety issues that will need to be
addressed.

Actually, this is all academic as we're having a water shortage in
California and unless it rains this winter, there isn't going to be
any water to heat. Meanwhile, I'll probably just do a better job of
insulating the tank and hot water pipes and wait patiently for the
rain and a nuclear water heater.

Interesting, I am UK based and energy costs here are probably much
higher here than in US which may alter the costings so much that a heat
pump wont be feasible for you... Here is a link for info that might
help:
http://www.wharfplumbing.co.uk/wp-co...-Pump-Docs.zip
I checked with Ebay.com and ebay.co.uk - completely different answers if
you feed in 'air source/water heat pump'.
The low cost heatpumps are mostly produced in China anyway and I guess
many are sold in the US for pool heating and air conditioning? But if
your electricity costs are low then the payback time on the equipment
may not make sense just for a little domestic hot water... Ground
source is much more expensive on the outlay than air source! C+

I'd suggest to buy one, and try it in some sort of
fixture, before going up the pole. I'd dare to guess
the answer is yes, but you'd have to try it for
yourself.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus