Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Liz Cady Liz Cady is offline

Default M-25 Belt slipping in drill press (followup)

replying to Jon Danniken, Liz Cady wrote:
jonSPAMMENOTdanniken wrote:

I tied getting an M-25 belt, but nobody in town carried one. I ended up
getting a Gates belt from Napa in 3/8" instead (3L250).
Although I was concerned that it wouldn't be wide enough, it was actually
wider than the supposedly "M" belt that I had on there before, actually
measuring about 10mm. The sides of the new belt are nice and grippy, and

don't think I'm going to be having any more problems with that belt
slipping.
Jon

My husband has been searching for an M-25 with no luck. He'll take your
suggestion
of 3L250 Napa belt. But yet another problem - do you know the size of the
other belt
required for the Mark 1 drill press? The old one disintegrated, so no way
to measure.
The drill press model # is C-114FX - spindle mount #2.

Liz

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ss-244627-.htm