Posted to alt.autos.toyota.camry,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default My car goes jingle, jingle, jingle.

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 18:54:53 -0400, micky
wrote:

Shifted my car into gear for the fist time since the accident. When I
went back to Park, heard noise like gears messhing, or synchronizers not
syncing. What does this indicate? A serious problem? Needs fixing
immediately???

Meant to finish this thread a while back.

After I thought about this for a while, I realized that since my right
front axle was broken in half at the internal universal, when the car
was in Reverse, even though it wasn't moving, the transmission parts
were turning, at idle speed. It was like the right tire was off the
ground.

So since the parts were turning in R, slow as they might have been,
shifting to Park is going to be more difficult than when the car is
actually stopped and the transimisson is stopped too.

And sure enough, I was right. When I replaced the right front axle etc.
and lowered the car to the ground, no more jingle jingle. Sounds just
fine. I drove around the block and it seems just fine, though the right
REAR wheel is also messed up. Needs a forwrd lower locating arm. Mine
is bent about 25^.