Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Inductive Coupling Coefficient

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 07:25:04 -0700, RobertMacy
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 15:01:19 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

...snip...

Me, too! IKEA bookcases ;-)

...Jim Thompson

See reply to what3rd who did an excellent 'rule-of-thumb' estimate.

I was VERY surprised to see approximately 0.1 coupling!

If you're stuck on using this approach, and need a model; I've already got
the .asc running for various positions. However, it's easy to do a curve
fit and produce k vs position, too.

Is this for isolation? high voltage separation? Have you thought of using
those cheap LED 'handheld remote controllers' They transmit quite a
distance, cost nothing and run on nothing, ...well almost. but you get to
piggy back on VOLUME production costs. Bunch of chipsets out there.

This is one of those "I wouldn't do it this way", but I'm looking into
it at the insistence of the client.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |