Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Separate ground wire to panel to ground outlets?

arrived for thanksgiving dinner at my brother in laws He had installed ome plywood flooring in the attic and accidently put a screw thru the wiring, tripping the breaker that lit up most of the key areas His wife was very upset I arrived as my father in law had just completed splicing the bad romex, only to find tht didnt get the lights back on..... So I started asking questions. Found it was a X 10 setup, the short must of taken out the wall controller..

Well being thanksgiving no stores were open.

The family had NO idea what X 10 did. but reported a light would come on at 4am occasionally so brother in law replaced to switch. he till had the one he replaced with a regular switch, so I swapped out the bad one , reprogrammed it, and was the hero of the day. We had light to eat by