BillR

Default window leak Servis Quartz washing machine

brian c wrote:
Water is leaking via minute cracks in the plastic (perspex type) domed
inspection port on a 14 year old Servis Quartz Plus model 6033.
Replacements are no longer available. Earlier versions of Quartz
machines had glass domes.
Using the half load option avoids leaks, probably because the water
level is below the cracks which are concentrated in the centre of the
dome.
Silicone sealer has been suggested as a possible treatment to the
outside of the dome, I have no idea as to how the sealer will cope
with the high water temperatures.
Comments or other suggestions would be welcome.

Good source of parts for machines that will finally die soon anyway is :-
Your local authority "recycling centre"

There's one a mile from me thats full of goodies ....