Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Can and LED floodlight possibly be as bright as a real floodlight?

On 10/12/2014 3:17 PM, micky wrote:
Can an LED floodlight possibly be as bright as a real floodlight?

The fixture will be mounted about 24 feet above the ground so it has to
be bright.

The people who rate the one below say it's very bright, but have they
ever looked into a 100 watt incandescent floodlight? It's probably
blinding, so I'm not sure the raters' opinions are really comparisons.

The general answer is yes. My church has some flood
lights at the end of the gymnasium, and also in the
chapel. The facilities guys put in LED floods, which
work fine. They say the bulbs cost twenty to thirty
dollars each.

I'd test the bulb on the ground at night before
taking it that far in the air. Rig up a lamp cord.

--
..
Christopher A. Young