Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Can and LED floodlight possibly be as bright as a real floodlight?

On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 20:52:58 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Most of bulbs in the house is now all LEDs. Could see
some difference in the power bill.

I didn't do so well. Through LED lighting transplants and juggling
some electronics, I managed to drop my monthly electric burn from an
average of 375 kw-hr in 2008 to about 315 kw-hr average in 2014. See
spreadsheet and graph at:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/PG&E to Sept 2014-01.xls
Note the trend lines. While my electricity consumption was going
down, PG&E was busy raising their rates and juggling the tiers. The
result was despite the lower consumption, I am still paying roughly
the same per month. Grumble.

Some analysis with a clamp on ammeter and kill-a-watt meter showed
that the bulk of my electric usage is the electric water heater. They
don't make an LED water heater and solar is not an option in a forest.
I'm looking into flash water heaters, but it looks like it would take
years to recover the initial investment. A wood burning water heater
using a hot tub as a hot water tank is a possibility, but doesn't work
well with my convenience lifestyle.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D