Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Can and LED floodlight possibly be as bright as a real floodlight?

On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 15:17:59 -0400, micky
wrote:

Well, someone -- thank you -- reminded me to look at lumens

The maker's website
http://www.lithonia.com/commercial/2....VDrPJ 1fDuM0
says "Each head contains (3) 4780K high performance LEDs. Lumen output
of 1,222 is maintained at 50,000 hour life. LED driver is 120V and

=========
operates at 60Hz."

I wasn't sure if this was per head, so I looked at the 3 head version,
and it said "Each head contains (3) 5339K high performance LEDs which
maintain 1,719 lumen output "

Different K value, but I guess they are giving the total, as they should
be.

And then I looked at 100 watt incandescent. About 1500 lumen times 2 =
3000 lumen.

So since I really can't judge how bright 1222 lumens from LEDs will be,
I don't kow whether to buy that 1222 for $117 or 1719 for $150.

Or stay with incandescent for much less and hope they don't burn out so
fast if I get a good brand that doesn't turn on with the wind. I
almost never go there at night so if they don't turn on in the wind,
they'll burn less than 5 hours a year 2000 hour lifespan will be 400
years. Ugh.