Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Separate ground wire to panel to ground outlets?

"Pico Rico" wrote in message news:m1a6j4
stuff snipped

GFCIs or new NM would certainly be the preferred way to do things, and

I'd
rate those solutions as two or three times as good as a new ground wire,
especially if it didn't at least run along the old wire so that it was
obvious it was related to that old, ungrounded cable.

Well, that's a good explanation. My initial thinking is that it would be
placed along the entire run back to the panel. But, that is how **I**

would
do it.

I'd at least try to do it that way, too, especially since the work was done
before the ceiling (as Clare noted) improperly concealed it. This was an
amateur who was obviously afraid to go into the circuit panel and attach the
ground wire to a real ground. Maybe I should be thankful for that, overall.
(-:

--
Bobby G.