Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shed Question

On 10/12/2014 3:57 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Sunday, October 12, 2014 12:49:25 PM UTC-5, Casper wrote:
What I really would like to do but can't, at least not this year or
next, is to add on to the shed.

Wish I were nearby. I'd come help. I enjoy arguing with work mates, that kind of stuff. Yeah, we'd build an overhang over the doorway, keep that water away, then build and hang a porch swing, also.... some place to sit and think about next year's projects.

Sonny

Just wondering here -
Build an A frame of sorts - stout and strong - place it and attach it
near the back wall. cut off the end of the house - and have a way
to handle it and move it backwards. Then build the open ends together.

That or make the back wall an inner wall - and strip off most of the
outer skin and support it such that it isn't a wall but an arch.
Maybe you want a wall with a door there. Maybe not.

Might want a new king beam along the ridge or splice in.

Martin