Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LinuxCNC config help...

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Martin Eastburn wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
I definitely don't hand code for CNC text engraving...

I spent close to a year hand-coding the common office fonts for
this
ink jet printer, one dot at a time.
http://tinyurl.com/q8aalpm

The thick ink buildup around lab ink-jet test fixtures inspired
3D
printing.

Before, or after Wayne Green discussed the idea in his
magazines? It
was either in early issues of Byte, or in 73.

The First 3-D machine that made large models was in the Show on
MECHANICAL Engineering - and Big Machines - in Santa Clara
convention
center in 2000, maybe 2001. I was visiting the MITS Carbide booth
and
it was across the isle. They had a model printing out during the
show
and it was ready for the foundry once verified by the customer.
Very
expensive. It was in a hard wax. Not Bee or the like. It wasn't
the
first time out of the bag for them, but I don't know how long.

I was the Eng Manager, DRAM , NA and had a friend in Carbide I
wanted to
visit. Scored a badge and got a few samples :-)

Ah the old days - early PC-XT and Laser Printer - 86 as I recall -
came
out of Canada think tank...

Wayne Greene was talking about the idea in the '70s or '80s. Back
when a PC was built from scratch, or surplus mini/mainframe junk.

And people were talking about flight long before Wilbur and Orville,
but they get the credit because they made it work.

He described the process, but he called it a 'Santa Claus Machine'
instead of a 3D printer. He had enough on his hands with the magazines.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.