Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LinuxCNC config help...

Martin Eastburn wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
I definitely don't hand code for CNC text engraving...

I spent close to a year hand-coding the common office fonts for this
ink jet printer, one dot at a time.
http://tinyurl.com/q8aalpm

The thick ink buildup around lab ink-jet test fixtures inspired 3D
printing.

Before, or after Wayne Green discussed the idea in his magazines? It
was either in early issues of Byte, or in 73.

The First 3-D machine that made large models was in the Show on
MECHANICAL Engineering - and Big Machines - in Santa Clara convention
center in 2000, maybe 2001. I was visiting the MITS Carbide booth and
it was across the isle. They had a model printing out during the show
and it was ready for the foundry once verified by the customer. Very
expensive. It was in a hard wax. Not Bee or the like. It wasn't the
first time out of the bag for them, but I don't know how long.

I was the Eng Manager, DRAM , NA and had a friend in Carbide I wanted to
visit. Scored a badge and got a few samples :-)

Ah the old days - early PC-XT and Laser Printer - 86 as I recall - came
out of Canada think tank...

Wayne Greene was talking about the idea in the '70s or '80s. Back
when a PC was built from scratch, or surplus mini/mainframe junk.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.