Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Which blade to resaw green wood?

On 10/6/2014 10:31 PM, HerHusband wrote:
I have a Grizzly 14" G0555 bandsaw with a riser kit. I primarily just use
it for resawing.

I have been using the 105" Woodslicer blade which performs OK.

Unfortunately, I tried resawing some green logs today and the blade had
lots of problems with binding and warping. I assume the blade is toast now.

After the fact, of course, I read that Woodslicer is specifically NOT
recommended for sawing green lumber. Ooops. Live and learn.

I've also read that I shouldn't use a blade thicker than .025" on a 14"
bandsaw. The blades I've seen for green lumber are all thicker than that.

Are there any bandsaw blades you would recommend for resawing green lumber?

Thanks,

Anthony

Fewer teeth, less than one per inch. And the guides can be a problem.
roller guides tend to hammer the debris onto the blade, ceramic guides
tend to keep the blades clean.

When all else fails, call the manufacturer of the blades and ask for a
recommendation.