Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tomato deluge

On 10/12/2014 10:47 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 00:59:05 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 10/11/2014 6:37 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
Uh, I thought he was talking about tomatoes.

Which reminds me, how's the job going at Qualcomm?

Or that other machine shop you said you worked at?

Or any job at all? What is it you said you do for a living these days?

He has some infatuation with CAD/CAM...like anybody cares. He's never
posted any work he's done, is he just a groupie like the people at a
Star Trek convention? Does he wear costumes?

g Well, in regard to costumes, you've probably seen this by now:

https://twitter.com/Jon_Banquer/stat...805505/photo/1

You'd have to ask a psychologist, but a singular obsession like Jon's
obsession with CAD/CAM looks like a work interest that's turned into
some kind of lifeline. It's one thing to define yourself by your work
interest; it's possibly neurotic to judge your own worth by it; but
it's pathological to use it as the basis for judging the worth of
others who have no interest in it.

It seems more like a hobby to him than a profession. If it was a
profession, he would have posted some of his accomplishments. And, just
who cares about his hobby? It's like the 35 year-old guy clinging to
his high school football glory days and the one good play his team made
while he was on the field.

So sad!