Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default If a thread takes months, is it better to stay on the samethread?

dadiOH wrote, on Sun, 12 Oct 2014 05:53:55 -0400:

Does your newsreader have a "Next unread" button?

I don't use any of the buttons as I have them all hidden (to save real
estate on the GUI) but it does have a "next unread" but I never use it.

What I do is "cherry pick" the threads to read, and then, when I exit a
newsgroup, it automagically marks everything read (even if I didn't read
it).

Then, when I come back in, it shows the new threads in bold, and the new
posts in old threads show up with a +n where the n is the number of new
posts to that thread since I last read it.

So, again, I cherry pick, but, usually only from the bolded (i.e., brand
new) posts or threads.