Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Separate ground wire to panel to ground outlets?

wrote in message

250.52(A)(1) says
Interior metal water piping located more than 1.52 m (5 ft) from the
point of entrance to the building shall not be used as a part of the
grounding electrode system or as a conductor to interconnect
electrodes that are part of the grounding electrode system.

I assume that's because once you start moving further and further away from
to POE the more likely bad things are to happen as in unbridged plastic
sections of pipe used as repairs to copper pipe. Makes sense to me!

Thanks for the clarification. I suspect that eventually they'll even
change that requirement as more and more plastic pipe is used inside and
outside of the house. Maybe it's a bias of years of looking at "spaghetti
code" programming with "go tos" and no "come froms" that makes me allergic
to wires not going to a central location. (-:

--
Bobby G.