Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default animal cutting branches off tree

"nestork" wrote in message

Ralph:

Does the cut in the branches look like this:

http://pubs.ext.vt.edu/2911/2911-1423/L_IMG_fig1.jpg

There's two kinds of beetle that cut small branches off of trees called
either a twig girdler or a twig pruner. In both cases, the fallen
branch still contains the larvae of the beetle, and should be burned in
order to control the beetles from infesting the tree.

'Twig Girdler/Twig Pruner - Home - Virginia Cooperative Extension'
(http://pubs.ext.vt.edu/2911/2911-1423/2911-1423.html)

The ones I saw look very much like the one in the pix. I will see if I can
find where I tossed them out of the yard. If I find any, I will look to see
if I can find the larva or egg in them. If so I will burn them as the
artical says.

---