Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default chilipepper water recirculating

micky wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with or opinions about the chilipepper
hot water recirculation pumps

http://www.chilipepperapp.com/specs-CP8000.html
http://www.chilipepperapp.com

Running a separate return pipe would be a lot of work and unlike the
other brands you all told me about, this one does't run all the time
and doesn't run on a timer or a schedule.

It just runs when someone pushes a button. Then it says it runs until
the water is hot (98^ iirc), forcing the previously hot water back
thought the cold water pipe. Since I'm concerned about the bathroom
sink, the button would be at t he sink, maybe at the side of the
cabinet under the sink.

I don't have a schedule either, I wish I did, but I get up at all
hours and go to sleep at all hours and wash my hands in that sink at
times I can't predict.

Other than the push button, instead of a timer, and that the pump is
under the sink, it's a lot like the Watts recirculator.

That, to me is second best to the pushbutton with a return line. It gives you
the advantage of unheated cold water if you just go for a glass of water, and
only runs when you tell it you want hot water. I did similarly on my system with
a return line, and find pushing the button to be no inconvenience at all when I
will want hot water.