Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N[_2_] N8N[_2_] is offline

Default Separate ground wire to panel to ground outlets?

On Saturday, October 11, 2014 3:15:51 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 11 Oct 2014 11:01:55 -0700 (PDT), bob haller

wrote:

the 2 wires ungrounded frequently are k&t......

BEST TO REPLACE ALL k&t for lots of excellent reasons.

But nothing in this tread points even REMOTELY to K&T wiring. It was

all "ungrounded romex"

To be fair, if accessable, you could make a good argument for replacing that as well, because any ungrounded non-metallic cable likely does not have a 90C temperature rating as does currently produced NM-B.

If I saw any K&T I'd be tempted to draw up a plan for eventual complete replacement ASAP however... even if it was done perfectly when installed simple age makes one worry about the integrity of the insulation... nothing lasts forever.

nate