Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default animal cutting branches off tree

On Sat, 11 Oct 2014 15:20:08 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

Could be the squirrels as someone mentioned as there are lots of them
around. This is a nut tree. I just would not know why they would do this
unless maybe the nuts are out on the branches too far for them to get to.
They could cut off the branches and go to the ground to get the nuts I
guess.

Sounds about right. Smaller diameter branches, closest to ground on
the tree trunk with less effort to recover the nuts. I'll agree with
it being squirrels until we know different. They bury nuts not far
from the tree to prepare for winter.

Are they now building winter nest high in the tree for winter?