Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default Drat. I have been using TCW-3 two-stroke oil in my chainsaw gas:oil mixture for two years

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 10/11/2014 1:07 AM, Danny D. wrote:

I remember *exactly* what happened to that Craftsman 358.351800
(Poulon) 18" chainsaw the day it died.

All of a sudden, the engine started speeding up faster and faster and
faster. I didn't realize what was happening until it was too late.

No, that is not the problem. You had the same problem that I had with my
Homelite saw. It was cheap enough to buy and I hardly use the saw so it
is good enough. A hundred bucks later, we know that is is NOT "good
enough" but it is a POS.

Get a Stihl and be done with it. You will never need another saw.

Don't get a Stihl "occasional use" saw. They should not have the Stihl
brand name on them. Get one of their professional models for just a bit
more money.