Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Separate ground wire to panel to ground outlets?

On 10/11/2014 9:21 AM, N8N wrote:
On Friday, October 10, 2014 11:31:22 AM UTC-4, TomR wrote:
As it turned out, the outlets in question were first floor outlets above an
open ceiling basement. So, he ended up having an electrician just run all
new NM wiring to those outlets on the first floor -- basically because the
electrician said that it would take almost the same amount of effort to do
that as it would to run separate ground wires.

In that situation I would agree, that's the right
way to do it. The only reason to run the separate
wires and/or use GFCIs is if replacing the cables
is prohibitively difficult.

nate

It sure looks like an easy decision. I'd go with new
Romex, and sockets. Might even go with new breakers,
while you have the panel box open.

--
..
Christopher A. Young