Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Phone.

Looks like I may have to pay out the thick end of 500 quid if I want a
decent camera - in one of the top of the range Samsungs.

If the camera is your main feature, why not the Nokia 1020 or, what I
have as a work phone, the 1520? The 1020 is well under 1020 SIM-free. Or
the new 830 (still much less than 500). The 1520 manages to take some
amazingly good photos in difficult conditions (huge contrast between
very bright and very dark, very close, etc.). Unfortunately the Lidl
fisheye adaptor doesn't quite reach to the lens with its clip mechanism! :-)

I wouldn't choose a Nokia only because of the limited apps, but I am
very impressed by their cameras, and their Drive+ GPS is pretty good.

--
Rod