Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] michele.smokovich@kentwoodps.org is offline

Default Wave "Dehumidifier" -- Has anyone here tried it?

On Wednesday, May 26, 2010 8:30:49 PM UTC-4, Ivan wrote:
I live in an area with a high water table, and my basement gets quite
humid; it recently flooded when the sump pump failed. The basement
area is about 1300 to 1500 sq ft, and is divided into rooms, though
only two of those rooms (one of which is a store room that also houses
the sump) have doors. There is also a small room housing the gas
furnace and hot-water heater. I used to have a small, inadequate
dehumidifier (built into the partition between the main room and sump
room) that ran all the time and did little good. One satisified owner
in a similar locale has recommended the Wave Home Solutions
ventilation unit, which should certainly use less power than a large
dehumidifier, but I'd like other opinions. Anyone here have experience
with it? Any suggestions on what to look for in a regular dehumidifier?

\
`