Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jfeng@my-deja.com is offline

Default DVD Player Apex AD-2600 'No Disc'

On Friday, October 10, 2014 1:26:55 PM UTC-7, David Platt wrote:
Used this Apex Ad-2600 DVD player only a few times. Has been
sitting in a box for close to 10 years. Tried it out the other
day, and every type of disc loaded gives the same 'no disc'
message.

- It might be worth checking the power supply. I think that player
was made during the era of the "stolen-electrolyte bad capacitor
plague" problem.

snip
I had a Cyberhome DVD player of about the same vintage which
failed due to this problem. Replacing the caps fixed it.

A few years ago, I fixed my Apex AD-1500 by replacing the bad electrolytic capacitors (mostly in the power supply). I agree with David's advice on ways to identify the suspect caps.