Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Drat. I have been using TCW-3 two-stroke oil in my chainsaw

Roy wrote, on Fri, 10 Oct 2014 17:41:23 -0700:

I can appreciate your concern BUT did you see the machines on your oil
container? Doesn't that tell you pretty well that it is an ALL-PURPOSE
type oil?

That's what I had thought too.

But, only recently, did I notice the line "Never" to use TCW-rated oil
in the owners manual for my 18" Husqvarna 445.

Bear in mind, my first chain saw ever, was a Craftsman (aka Poulon) 18"
chainsaw which died in about a year of just occassional use.

When I had it taken apart, they told me it had "scored pistons".

I had used the exact same oil, and nobody used the chainsaw but me, and I
did NOT abuse it. Yet, it died, all the same, after only about 10 uses.

In fact, the only thing I could save was the black plastic chainsaw
carrier that you see my Husky in, in my photo below.
https://c3.staticflickr.com/3/2944/1...944028f121.jpg