Posted to rec.woodworking
ChairMan[_6_] ChairMan[_6_] is offline

Default Shed Question

Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 10/10/2014 1:25 PM, Sonny wrote:
I am getting ready to replace the wood doors on my shed.
I am going
with the same materials, except I am chainging the
hinges.
Originally I was going to replace the enitre doorway
with a double
steel door/frame....
Instead I opted to replace with same wood

I suspect it depends on how big the shed, and the size of
the doors.

I have a 10 X 12' shed with 4X8 finished plywood panels on
a 2 X 4
frame.
The doors were cut from the 4X8 panel and a 2X4 frame
added to each
door for re enforcement.

Each door is on a piano type hinge that runs the full
length of the
door.
The shed is three years old and the piano hinge is working
well, and
is doing the job.

i have a 16x20 with the same hinge setup and had no issues
for 20+ yrs
I'd go with the piano hinge again