Posted to alt.home.repair
Hosan Pyped Hosan Pyped is offline

Default Separate ground wire to panel to ground outlets?

On 10/08/2014 09:39 AM, TomR wrote:
This question was posted in another forum by someone that I know and I
thought that I would try posting it here to get some feedback on his behalf:

He wrote,

"In a house that has ungrounded, 2 prong outlets, with wiring in good
condition, is it acceptable (and allowed by current electrical code) to run
a separate ground wire from the outlets back to the ground at the panel, in
order to be able to replace the 2 prong outlets with 3 prong outlets?
Existing wiring is in very good shape."

Thanks.

Regardless of electrical code, would you buy a house where some jackleg had done that?