AHilton

Default Gluing Corian

I've never had a problem with thin CA and a light touch with a sharp skew.
I HAVE had problems with any thick adhesives or heating up the Corian as
I've turned it. The heat will certainly cause the CA to fail. The thin CA
also allows you to get a tighter fit so that, with many Corian styles, the
seams are almost invisible.

I've been making around a dozen pens/pencils and a few miniature bowls,
boxes, hollowforms for the area solid surface mfg. company per month for the
past 8 months. That's where I get their scrap Corian too. They use the
turnings as employee and customer gifts from what I understand.

- Andrew

"10x" wrote in message

Greetings,

I have been given an assortment of corian scraps that I can use for
making pens. It works very well for the "slimline" style of pen.
However, for the thicker Mont Blanc style, I have to glue two pieces
together.

So far I, haven't had much success with this. I doesn't matter whether
I use the thicker crazy glues, model cement, or 5 minute epoxy. The
results are always the same. The pieces split apart when when I'm
turning.

I have tried sanding the faces with 80 grit to provide some tooth for
the glue, but nothing seems to help. I know Dupont makes a glue for
this product, because some of the shops laminate corian to make a
thicker front edge on counter tops.

What can I use besides tracking down Dupont's product?

Any info on glue or technique would be appreciated.

Joe