Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some Useful FACTS About Global Warming and Climate Change

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 17:30:38 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

I'm sure being mown down by a pyroclastic cloud would rate high on
the
Suckage List, too.

http://www2.brevard.edu/reynoljh/italy/corpsecasts.htm

Seen the 2014 Pompei movie yet? It was fun, but I hated the
ending...

The dramatized fictionalizations in most historical movies are
annoying and distracting when I've read the book.
http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/pompeii.htm

"Pearl Harbor" was the worst. It's a good thing I didn't see it in a
theater.

"Gettysburg" was an exception, partly because the army of reenactors
knew the battles and wouldn't perform them inaccurately.

With novels I can see how and understand why they simplified the film
to skip over exposition and details that wouldn't easily translate to
images and dialog. For example in the book of "ET" the dog dreamed of
hamburger bushes and ET had a huge crush on the mother. The book
"Stalingrad" is vastly more complex than the film, which dramatized
only a few pages of it.
-jsw