Chuck

Default Gluing Corian

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:49:45 -0500, 10x wrote:

I have tried sanding the faces with 80 grit to provide some tooth for
the glue, but nothing seems to help. I know Dupont makes a glue for
this product, because some of the shops laminate corian to make a
thicker front edge on counter tops.

What can I use besides tracking down Dupont's product?

Unless you are a dealer or know an unscrupulous one, you won't be
"tracking down" DuPont's Corian glue, since it is sold only to
dealers. As far as gluing it together in a lamination...good luck.
There are glues that might give you a halfway decent mechanical bond,
but you would need a thick seam, which probably wouldn't look all that
good in a pen. Epoxys are too brittle, as are CA glues. You might
give Weldbond a try and Gorilla glue might work, but it would need a
relatively thick seam. There is a product sold by a couple of dealers
that I've seen, although the name escapes me at the
moment...."(somebody's) Cement" which is supposed to be a new
wonder-adhesive, bonds under water, inside a volcano or in space...no
doubt somebody else will recall the name before I even get this
posted.

I guess you could make friends with a Corian installer and have him do
a lamination for you...it's worth a shot.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget