Posted to alt.home.repair
Rebel1 Rebel1 is offline

Default How to make clear glass frosty

Probably the easiest way to cure the problem if you have glass in the
door or adjacent to it as you do (that glass is called a light) is to
employ a double keyed deadbolt in the door.

Our doors are double locked when we leave the home and set the alarm. If
somebody does break in, say through a window, in addition to dealing
with the impending arrival of the police due to the alarm, they will
also have to remove anything they are taking through the same window
since they won't be able to easily open the doors.

Unfortunately, the windows in this ranch house are easy to reach because
they are so close to the ground. And they are single-pane (surprising
for Florida, with its extended air-conditioning season).

I don't recommend using the double deadbolt when you're home. In case
of a fire you don't want to be looking around for a key and leaving the
key in the lock kinda defeats the purpose of the lockg

When selling a house in NJ, it needs to pass a Certificate for Continued
Inspection before it can be sold. A double-keyed deadbolt on the main
door is strictly forbidden. It's okay on another exterior door, like in
a laundry room.