Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to make clear glass frosty

On Thu, 09 Oct 2014 10:05:47 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/9/2014 9:15 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Rebel1 wrote:
I could use an less sheer curtain and try to anchor it at the bottom
with thumb tacks. My preferred approach is to stick some kind of Contact
paper, with a frosty texture, to the glass. This will allow light
passage and privacy. I can't find any such Contact paper.
Thanks,

R1

HI,
Sand blast.

I'd been thinking hydrofluoric acid, but
that's dificult to find at Walmart.

Ought to be some window treatments in
sheets of almost clear stuff, maybe Ace,
or other small town hardware.

MacTac used to make all kinds of dedorative glass film, but I have not
seen it in a number of years - possibly because I wasn't looking for
it - or possibly because it doesn't exist any more??