Silvan

Default I hate it when that happens...

Ecnerwal wrote:

Dunno - I spent a lot of time fiddling with the body (sleekly
areodymnamic) on mine 30 odd years ago, ran it up to maximum weight, and
as far as I recall, the winner was an ugly block which perhaps had a lot
of extra effort on getting the wheels to spin well.

We were #2, right after the guy who always wins. We still wouldn't have
beaten him, but we would have won a few more races if it hadn't been for
the pointy rocket nose on the thing. It lost at least two very close heats
because the point didn't trigger the electric eye immediately.

I'm satisfied with #2. As far as I'm concerned, we can retire now. Next
year's car can be crappy, and let some other kid win a trophy next time.

I don't know if my son will see it that way though.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/