Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default USB mains sockets opinion

On 09/10/14 11:57, The Other Mike wrote:
On Thu, 09 Oct 2014 09:50:37 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

On 09/10/14 09:27, Bod wrote:

If the device being charged is designed for a 1 amp charger, then using
a 2 amp will simply charge up quicker. I have used 2 amp chargers for
years with all of my devices, even the ones that were supplied with 1
amp chargers. I've never had any problems.

Not entirely - anything with a lithium based battery is supposed to
regulate its charging and discharging as going out of bounds in either
direction is dangerous (fire risk).

One would hope that a lithium battery installed in a device would have the
appropriate charge limiting and regulation circuitry within the device.

http://www.electronics-lab.com/artic...n_reconstruct/

It has some protection within the battery pack itself.