Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default USB mains sockets opinion

This article also agrees with what I'm saying:

"You might think that all chargers are created equally, but nothing
could be further from the truth. Wired explains that picking the right
charger with the right amperage (a measure of current) can mean the
difference between getting your phone charged while you work versus
waiting all day before you can unplug it.

This isn't as simple as just "charge your device with the charger it
shipped with." You can actually use higher amperage chargers, like the
kind that come with tablets, to get your phone charged up in less time
than it would if you charged via USB or using the charger the phone came
with, and it won't cause a problem. Here's how it breaks down"

http://lifehacker.com/pay-attention-...e-to-juice-up-

your-gadg-1492446246

I noticed this (and posted about it here) a while back, when my (Nokia)
would go flat when being used as a satnav, despite having the charger
plugged in. Advice from here was to check the charger, and I discovered
the one I had been using was unlabelled, but the one for my wifes phone
was 2A. I switched to using that, and now the phone charges *and* works
as a satnav.

Indeed.