Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default USB mains sockets opinion

Peter Johnson wrote
Lee wrote

Looking to get a couple as they look to be useful.

Probably missed the extra long discussion that someone is going
to point me to But, what are the residents opinions on these?

Some people here don't like them and say so forcefully. I can't
see that USB charging requirements are going to change that
much, if at all, to make the obsolete in the short term.

They are in fact changing at one hell of a rate currently.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#Power

I have one with 2a outputs (one of these:
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/encharge-...ite-p45980.htm
- there are others) and find it satisfactory. I don't have to keep
fiddling around on the floor because I leave a pair of USB leads
connected to it, and I have a four-way adapter in my overnight bag.