Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default damn that Julie Bove!

On 10/08/2014 07:19 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Agree with everything you said. Don't forget we no longer get good
vegetables and fruits in the supermarket. It is usually picked before
maturity so it can be shipped thousands of miles.

Or it has been changed so the skin is tough and there is no taste. Like the
tomatoes we get around here. Even many of the local ones are tough and not
much taste the farmers sell in the local stores.

Hi Ralph,

1+
A lot of the stuff has been hybridized to lay flat and
to withstand being picked green. YUK!!!

I have a theory. People don't buy produce because
it tastes like crap.

When I grow it myself or buy local, the stuff is
very tasty. First batch on local organic carrots
I bought stunk my car up so bad it was everything I
could do to not stop the car and devour them! (Farmer
told me later he preferred the term "aroma". Huh?)
Since when did carrots have a (pleasant) smell!

-T