Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default damn that gun law!

On 10/08/2014 02:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/8/2014 4:25 PM, nestork wrote:
I see that as really the only major difference between Canadian and
American gun laws. Any Canadian adult with a clean criminal record can
purchase a rifle or shot gun suitable for sport shooting or hunting.
But, hand guns are much more strictly regulated and generally only
available to the police. That's because they lend themselves well to
concealment, and that lends itself well to criminal activities.

But, I also recognize that neither of us are going to change each
other's minds about the subject. Better we just agree to disagree than
to argue until the discussion deteriorates into an insult hurling
contest, which would do more harm than good.

It's been shown in the USA, that areas with more
permissive gun laws have lower crime. Is that
laws less, due to lower crime, or lower crime
due to less laws? I remember from years ago,
one of the sates, perhaps Florida, relaxed the
laws and saw crime go down. I know that places
like Washington DC and New York City have
increased laws and increased crime.

Stormin is correct. Crime goes down.
The only exception is burglary, where the home
is unattended. Hot burglary goes was down.

Criminals don't obey gun laws.