Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_6_] Tim Wescott[_6_] is offline

Default Tomato deluge

On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 13:50:03 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

For the first time in years I have a bumper crop of tomatoes. The past
three years I had to actually buy some! From grape to heirloom monsters
they have overrun the courtyard like ISIS at a Synagog. At much as we
eat only puts a dent in the crop from only 5 plants. Two of these
plants are 8' by 8'. I've skinned and boiled down at least 3 gallons of
puree and froze the product for future use in soups, sauces, pies, etc.
I soon will have another bushel of fruit to contend with. The
neighbors don't want any more, any ideas?

Sauce tomatoes dry very nicely, and store compactly in the freezer. They
last for years.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services