Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_2_] Brian Gaff[_2_] is offline

Default USB mains sockets opinion

I don't thin usb as a standard will go away in the next decade, as so many
things now use it, but interesting about you having the opposite current
issues to those i have.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"John Williamson" wrote in message
On 08/10/2014 13:22, Lee wrote:
Looking to get a couple as they look to be useful.
Probably missed the extra long discussion that someone is going to point
me to But, what are the residents opinions on these?

If they are all certified up then I guess they must be safe, but I don't
know, something about them just nags at me...

Obsolescence? How much longer is USB going to last? And you need to make
sure they can give enough current, as some tablets now need to draw in
excess of 2 amps.

I'd also be a bit annoyed at having to grovel round near floor level to
charge my phone. My current (4 output) USB charger is mounted on the desk
top, and when the standards grow out of it or it breaks, I just need to
unplug it and replace it, rather than killing power to the ring, stripping
out a wall socket, replacing it and checking it's safe.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.